Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent begins - Ash Wednesday 2009

So here we are in another season of Lent. Although my denomination doesn't observe it, to my knowledge, I love the season. I too shall be preparing for Easter. This year, I will be fasting for a portion of the day rather than for 12 hours, etc. because I am taking medication where I have to eat. This year, I am giving up meat and poultry and reducing my dairy intake, as well as setting aside time in my day for reading, meditation and prayer.

So of course, my day started with me unprepared for fasting. The food part isn't bad. Again, because of the medicine. I had a medium banana and some green tea with a little agave. I drank water to take my meds. Lunch was cool and it was nice because they served no meat so I didn't have to worry about being tempted to have some chicken fingers. I really spent a good part of the morning just reveling in the presence of God and breathing which really keeps me calm. I got my ashes at about 7 this evening and then did some grocery shopping. My sister cooked (sauteed spinach and shrimp) so all I did was clean up.

Now I need to get up at 6 am but I don't think that is going to happen. See, already off to a bad start, lol. On that note, I will get ready for bed cause I'm tired.

Peace and Blessings

No comments: