Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back from a long hiatus...

I laugh as I realize the last post I made was the day before graduation. That was almost 5 months ago! Yes, after 3 years of commuting back and forth from Newark/South Orange to Madison, I finally did enough work and got grades good enough for someone to confer me with a masters. Now don't get me wrong, this was perhaps the hardest thing I have ever done but ultimately worth it. I think the hardest part for me is that I am no longer a student and I miss the community I shared with my fellow Drewids. Let's face it - when you have shared some of the most intense emotionally, physically, intellectually and spiritually challenging moments of your life together - it's hard to walk away and not feel like a part of you is missing. I have also given myself a break from the academic life. I will not go visit until after the new year.

So much has been going on with me and I will have to wait till my next blog to report it. In the meanwhile, I will need to think of how to update my "About Me" section. I'm no longer a grad student :(...

No comments: